DRAKE AND FUTURE WIN AT 2016 BET AWARDS

Drake and Future won Best Group thanks to their hit album What A Time To Be Alive. The duo beat out Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz’ ColleGrove group, as well as The Internet, Puff Daddy & The Family and Rae Sremmurd.

So far, Drake has also won Best Male Hip-Hop Artist. Check out Future accepting the award, since Drake isn’t attending.

BEYONCE AND KENDRICK LAMAR GET AGGRESSIVE WITH “FREEDOM” AT 2016 BET AWARDS

Beyonce suprised attendees at the 2016 BET Awards, when she hit the stage for a performance with Kendrick Lamar.

The two literally gave a fiery performance of the song with Bey drenched in water. “Freedom” is taken from her hit album Lemonade.

Check it out.

GUCCI MANE RESPONDS TO CLONE CLAIMS

It’s pretty clear that the new Guwop will take some getting used to for some of his fans. Upon Gucci Mane’s release from Prison, one couldn’t help but to notice his shockingly different appearance. The rapper has significantly slimmed down. With the help of his girlfriend entrepreneur Keyshia Kaoir, the rapper really has the post prison glow up down. Well the internet seems to believe that the person who Keyshia has been showing off on social media is actually a Gucci clone! Quotes from a satirical site also went viral claiming that Boosie BadAzz said that the man everyone’s been seeing isn’t the real Gucci. Gucci seems to find humor in the clone rumors as he made a video saying that he would not confirm or deny them. Do you think this is the real Guwop? Some claim that some of his tattoos are missing too.

#LilBoosie thinks the #GucciMane we’re seeing all over social media isn’t really him. Thoughts?
A photo posted by EntertainmentForBreakfast (@entertainmentforbreakfast) on Jun 21, 2016 at 8:51am PDT
#PressPlay: #GucciMane responding to the rumors that he’s a clone of himself 😩 #AintNoCloneBih

Yo! MTV Raps Co-Host Doctor Dre Goes Blind

Former Yo MTV Raps! co-host Doctor Dre is pitching a reality show that will document his fight with diabetes, which has cost him his eyesight.

According to a recent interview with the New York Times, Doctor Dre opened up about his lifestyle and his eating habits while out on the road, when he was young and touring.

Doctor Dre was Ed Lover’s personable, hefty, sidekick. Unfortunately, the DJ, formally named as Andre Brown, developed Type 2 diabetes at 42, because of his poor diet.

As a result of his battle with diabetes, Doctor Dre is legally blind, has lost one toe and suffered from numerous ankle injuries associated with being overweight.

“My stubbornness put me where I’m at,” Doctor Dre told The New York Times. “Now my energy is going to change that. We got young people, grown people, old, all having this. We can prevent this. We can cure this. I have an idea how to do it.”

Doctor Dre hopes his upcoming weight loss surgery will help ease some of his symptoms.

In order to share his experience fighting the disease, Dr. Dre is pitching a reality show with former Def Jam executive, Bill Adler.

Bill Adler blasted some of his connections in the music industry for not taking to Doctor Dre’s positive reality show concept immediately.

“These are people I’ve known for 30 years, and they haven’t gotten back to me,” Bill Adler fumed. “Dré just wants to share his enthusiasm with people. There are plenty of other folks who star in reality shows who are plainly narcissists, who are convinced every absurd thing out of their mouth has to be captured by a television camera. That is not Dré.”

Check out the full New York Times interview here.

LIL WAYNE’S PRIVATE JET REPORTEDLY EMERGENCY LANDED AFTER HE SUFFERED A SEIZURE

Not again.

Lil Wayne has suffered seizures that forced his private jet making a cross-country flight to make an emergency landing in Nebraska, TMZ reports.

Wayne was en route from Milwaukee to California when the he “blacked out.” The pilot immediately changed course to Omaha, the nearest major airport, where paramedics met the plane on the airstrip. Wayne is reportedly alert and refusing medical treatment.

This is not Wayne’s first medical scare. His private jet made emergency landings on two consecutive days in 2012, and he suffered near-fatal seizures in 2013.

We’ll update this article as the story develops.

ORLANDO NIGHTCLUB SHOOTING KILLS 50; GUNMAN HAD PRAISED ISIS

At Least 50 Dead in Orlando Gay Club Shooting, Suspect Pledged Allegiance to ISIS, Officials Say
By DAVID CAPLAN MICHAEL EDISON HAYDEN
Jun 12, 2016, 11:54 PM ET
PHOTO: Investigators from the office of the medical examiner investigate on the west side of Pulse nightclub where a gunman opened fire on Sunday morning, June 12, 2016, in Orlando, Fla.Doug Clifford/The Tampa Bay Times via AP
WATCH Timeline of the Worst Mass Shooting in US History
14K
SHARES
Email
The massacre at an Orlando gay nightclub early this morning has been described as a “domestic terror incident,” with at least 50 dead and 53 injured, officials said, making it the worst mass shooting in U.S. history and the deadliest terror attack on U.S. soil since the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

The shooter has been identified by officials as Omar Mateen of St. Lucie County, Florida, a U.S.-born citizen with Afghani parents. After the shooting began, he called 911 to pledge his allegiance to ISIS, according to law enforcement officials.

ISIS supporters have cheered the massacre online and an ISIS communique referred to the shooter as an ISIS “fighter,” but there’s no evidence that ISIS directed or had prior knowledge of the attack, terrorism observers told ABC News.

SLIDESHOW: Orlando Nightclub Massacre
Orlando LGBT Community Struggles to Comprehend Shooting That Left at Least 50 Dead
Suspect Pledged Allegiance to ISIS, Officials Say
Officials announced at a morning news conference that the death toll of the attack had risen to 50 dead, more than doubling what had been reported earlier. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer called today “the most difficult day in the history of Orlando” at news conference this afternoon.

“At this time we’re looking at all angles right now,” an FBI official said. “We do have suggestions that that individual may have leanings towards that, that particular ideology. But right now we can’t say definitively, so we’re still running everything around.”

The FBI also said Mateen “was organized and well-prepared,” adding “he is not from this area.”

Mateen’s parents were born in Afghanistan, and he was “on the radar” of U.S. officials for some time, but was not the target of a specific investigation, law enforcement officials told ABC News.

A police officer working at the club exchanged fire with Mateen outside of the club at 2:02 a.m., officials said at the news conference. Mateen then entered the club.

It turned into a hostage situation shortly thereafter, when Mateen took hostages. He was armed with an assault rifle, handgun and “some kind of device on him,” officials said.

At approximately 5 a.m., the SWAT team made the decision to rescue the hostages, officials said. The shooter was killed in a gunfight with those officers. Eleven Orlando Police officers exchanged gunfire with the shooter, according to an FBI spokesman.

There were about 320 people inside the club at the time of the shootings, officials said.

Then at 5:53 a.m. Orlando police tweeted, “The shooter inside the nightclub is dead,” referring to Pulse Nightclub, which bills itself on its website as “Orlando’s Premier Gay Night Club.”

“This can be classified as a domestic terror incident,” Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said at the news conference.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating this morning’s shooting as “an act of terrorism.” It said it will determine whether it is “domestic or international” terrorism.

In a statement issued around 9 a.m., the White House said, “Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and loved ones of the victims. The President asked to receive regular updates as the FBI, and other federal officials, work with the Orlando Police to gather more information, and directed that the federal government provide any assistance necessary to pursue the investigation and support the community.”

PHOTO: Orlando Police officers direct family members away from a multiple shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, Fla., Sunday, June 12, 2016.AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack
Orlando Police officers direct family members away from a multiple shooting at a nightclub in Orlando, Fla., Sunday, June 12, 2016.more +
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said at a news conference earlier in the day that “many lives were lost.” Orlando Chief of Police John Mina added that “approximately” 20 people we killed, and “at least 42 people” were transported to various hospitals. In an interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos following the news conference, Dyer clarified the initial figure, saying the number of dead was “probably in excess of 20 dead.”

Orlando Regional Medical Center, located near the nightclub, said it received “several gunshot victims,” in a statement released at 5 a.m.

The statement read, “Orlando Regional Medical Center was placed on lockdown around 2:00 a.m. after receiving several gunshot victims. Only essential workers are being allowed access into the building. Out of an abundance of caution, Arnold Palmer Hospital and Winnie Palmer Hospital have also been placed on lockdown.”

The hospital, as well as two other area hospitals remained in lockdown, as of 8 a.m. Sunday.

PHOTO: Emergency personnel wait with stretchers at the emergency entrance to Orlando Regional Medical Center hospital for the arrival of patients from the scene of a fatal shooting at Pulse Orlando nightclub in Orlando, Fla., Sunday, June 12, 2016. AP Photo/Phelan M. Ebenhack
Emergency personnel wait with stretchers at the emergency entrance to Orlando Regional Medical Center hospital for the arrival of patients from the scene of a fatal shooting at Pulse Orlando nightclub in Orlando, Fla., Sunday, June 12, 2016. more +
Word of the situation spread shortly after 2 a.m., when Pulse Nightclub posted on its Facebook page, “Everyone get out of pulse and keep running.”

Police followed up by tweeting, “Shooting at Pulse Nightclub on S Orange. Multiple injuries. Stay away from area.”
Orlando Police tweeted around 4:30 a.m., “This is a fluid scene and we are working on getting you an update.”

The next significant update was at 5:48 a.m., five minutes before announcing the shooter’s death, when police tweeted, “We can confirm this is a mass casualty situation. Support from local/state/federal agencies.”

The FBI was among the agencies at the crime scene, as was the Orlando Fire Department’s bomb squad and hazardous material team.
There was a controlled explosion near the shooting scene, but police said it was caused by a device intended to distract the shooter. Police also said the shooting was not connected to Friday’s fatal shooting, also in Orlando, of “The Voice” singer Christina Grimmie.

Rep. Alan Grayson, of Florida’s 9th District, said during a news conference this morning that the attack was ideologically motivated.

“It’s no coincidence the attack took place where it did and when it did,” he said in reference to the fact that Pulse was a gay nightclub.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott spoke at a news conference this afternoon and asserted that “this is clearly an act of terror” and added that he has declared a state of emergency in Orange County, Florida. The state of emergency ensures the resources that are needed by the city from the state would be made available immediately, the governor said.

Later in the day, President Obama called the Pulse massacre “an act of terror and an act of hate.” He called Mateen “a person filled with hatred.”

He also stressed the resilience of the people in his state. “We’re going to do everything we can to help bring the community together,” he said.

George Stephanopoulos of ABC News interviewed Christine Leinonen, the mother of Christopher Leinonen, a young man who went missing inside of the club at the time of the attack.

“Please, let’s all try to get rid of the hatred and the violence,” she said, sobbing. Leinonen later confirmed to ABC News that her son was among the dead.

LL COOL J GOES TO COLLEGE

IMG_0073

You would think that after 32 years as a top rapper and actor, LL Cool J would know more than enough to keep his brand strong in the entertainment industry.

LL has released 13 Hip-Hop albums and over the course of his career, he has starred in TV series like “In The House,” and “NCIS: Los Angeles,” while landing roles in movies such as “Krush Groove,” “Any Given Sunday,” and “S.W.A.T.”

And, LL has hosted a variety of award ceremonies, including The Grammy’s, for good measure.

However, the Grammy award-winning artist obviously still has a thirst for knowledge.

LL Cool J was back in school in Boston last week, to exchange ideas and learn about how he can adapt to the evolving entertainment industry, at Harvard Business School.

LL was in a class that included athletes like Channing Tatum, Lakers player Pau Gasol, and LA Clippers player Chris Paul.

The “Rock The Bells” rapper Tweeted with excitement as he was in class.
Both LL Cool J and Channing signed up to take classes with Professor Anita Elberse at Harvard’s Business School of Executive Education.

According to the course description, Professor Elberse taught the celebrity students a number of “proven approaches for launching and managing creative products and portfolios, managing and marketing talent, assessing and determining when to make smaller versus blockbuster bets, identifying and capitalizing on market disruptions, and other strategic challenges.”

The course ran at Harvard’s Allston campus from June 1 to June 4.